Achieving age diversity
From: Barbara Sarah (bsarahhvc.rr.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 18:34:26 -0800 (PST)
We are now recruiting new prospective residents for our 30-36 unit project in
Rosendale, NY. We'd like to know how other communities have been able to
achieve an equitable mix of ages - families and older people without children.
We are doing outreach to schools. pediatricians, etc., yet still are finding it
much easier to attract people over 55 years to our meetings. Have any of you
designed quotas? If so, what kind? Do they work? All suggestions appreciated.
Barbara Sarah
Ulster County (Rosendale, NY) Cohousing