Re: Chemical Sensitivity to Granulated Tires on Play Grounds
From: James Kacki (jimkackimts.net)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 19:22:23 -0800 (PST)
There may be no adhesive, but someone mentioned different colours; I wonder if the colour applied to the rubber could be the 'adhesive' they are talking about?
James

tamgoddess [at] comcast.net wrote:
It seems more likely to me that the problem is with the adhesive than the tires.
I am not convinced this is the same surface. I don't think there's any adhesive
or a reason for one in the materials we're talking about.

Liz
From: Fred H Olson <fholson [at] cohousing.org>

Around Oct 16 there was discussion about
Subject: Pea gravel "pit" around playstructure
that included some discussion of using recycled shreaded rubber tire
around playstructures.  See for example (there are other messages):
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/msg24637.html

Today I received from Roslyn Hamilton <oebn [at] teleport.com> of the Oregon
Ecobuilding Network,  information that passed thru several hands and that
was written in German ... about
 Chemical Sensitivity to Granulated Tires on Play Grounds
The message was posted to a mailing list about chemical sensitivity:
archives.

Below is the introduction (originally in English) to the csda list.
The whole message is at: http://l.cohousing.org/tires.htm
The web version includes the German message and an automated
translation from Alta Vista Babel Fish Translation at Bottom.

I do not know how relevant the German experience is to materials available
in the US that cohousing communities might consider using.
I encourage anyone who cares to dig into this and post a more
substantive message.

Note that I think "MCS" referes to " Multiple Chemical Sensitivity".

Fred, listserv manager