Age Diversity in Cohousing
From: terri's phch address (terriphch.org)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 21:33:48 -0800 (PST)
I live in the same community as Deborah Mensch does. I was one of the families that was recruited before move in, and it was through a university listserve for parents that I found out about cohousing and about my community.

The group who started our community was originally all child-free, either with grown children or had never had children, as the group grew, I believe there was a time when they would not accept any new members without children. Now some of them wish there weren't so MANY kids, LOL. We have 32 units, 46 adults and 25 kids.

Terri Hupfer
Pleasant Hill Cohousing
Bay Area, CA