|Re: Senior's needs -barrier free access||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: James Kacki (jimkackimts.net)|
|Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:55:01 -0800 (PST)|
So what do seniors need? ADA-compliant bathrooms and kitchens (I still have to figure out what the equivalent is here in Canada),
Hi,In Canada the National Buiding Code (2005 is the latest) contains all of the requirements for accessible (called 'barrier-free' in the Code) bathrooms, kitchens etc. Actually it contains all the requirements for barrier-free access everywhere inside the home as well as all other building types. Where you live, the Ontario Government has adopted most of the national code requirements and has ammended /added some requirements to create the Ontario Building Code.
Hope this helps! James
- Re: Senior's needs? (was Achieving age diversity), (continued)
- Re: Senior's needs? (was Achieving age diversity) Bonnie Fergusson, November 11 2006
- Re: Senior's needs -barrier free access James Kacki, November 11 2006
- Re: Senior's needs? (was Achieving age diversity) Stuart Joseph, November 12 2006
Re: Senior's needs? (was Achieving age diversity) Fred H Olson, November 14 2006
- Quite meals and children Racheli Gai, November 14 2006
- Baltimore Cohousing (was Senior's needs? (was Achieving age diversity)) Raines Cohen, November 14 2006
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.