Baltimore Cohousing (was Senior's needs? (was...
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:02:10 -0800 (PST)
"Mydlack, Daniel J." <dmydlack [at] towson.edu>
is the author of the message below.
after restoring subject line.

Hello Raines,

Here's a reply to your message.

Baltimore Cohousing Group

http://www.baltimorecohousing.com

Baltimore Cohousing is a parallel project to the Baltimore Democratic
School which will develop a cohousing community both for families who wish
to live nearer to the school and for folks interested in living near a
great educational project. This website is newly under construction.

We are a small group of parents who have started and currently run a coop
preschool in Baltimore.

http://www.freschoolpreschool.org

We meet three times a week for school and maintain ongoing development of
the cohousing project. Our cohousing efforts grow out of our plans to
build a Sudbury model school.

We are a group of approximately 10 home-owning parents (although we have
more transitory members.) With no extra capital for buying/building a lone
school building, we plan to build a small cohousing 'neighborhood' that
collectively includes a school building. Our goals are to build more
efficient green homes, create a safe neighborhood for our toddlers and to
build a new school building collectively that meets all codes.

The owners of each housing unit will be staffing the school; the school
will have a capacity far beyond the community members' children. We plan
on taking measures (landscaping, placement...etc...) to ensure that the
school is formally separated from the housing.

Danny