Re: Financial structure advice needed for forming group
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:56:05 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone in coho-land!
I just want to clarify one thing--we did NOT have investors. Anyone who loaned us money had to either be an associate member or know a member of the group well enough to give them a personal loan. When you have investors it creates a whole new ball of wax and you have to create a prospectus, submit an annual report, file with the SEC, etc. etc. etc. etc. Trust me--you do NOT want to go there.
--Diane(:^[

marketing facilitator
jp cohousing  617-522-2209
Box 300420 boston ma
http://www.jpcohousing.org
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."