common meals
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lcolevermontlaw.edu)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 04:50:00 -0800 (PST)
We anticipate the need for common meals as part of actively engaging the
aging process.  From what we have seen, encouraging elderly people to
attend common meals is a strategy that is good for their mental and
physical well being.  (The Kendal Retirement Communities offer but one
example).  We imagine building the cost of one meal per day into our
monthly fee.  While one can't "insist" on eating together, knowing that
you have already paid for the meal is a strong incentive in attend.

Has anyone out there had experience sharing the cost of a cook to help
coordinate and oversee the work of members?  Thanks.  Liz

Liz Ryan Cole
Pinnacle Project
Lyme, NH