Members joining during/after construction
From: Karen Hoekstra (khoekstrarivertownmedia.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 10:07:51 -0800 (PST)
I'm wondering if anyone can speak to the situation that we're in currently
at Newberry Place Cohousing. We've just broken ground and will be in the
construction phase for approximately the next 10 months. We have 15 of our
20 units pre-sold.

What I'm wondering, from communities that have passed this point, is how did
the membership process and/or the members themselves change from those who
joined during the design and development process to those who joined during
and after construction? To those who have sold units during and shortly
after construction: was the marketing of those units different than that
used to bring members on board earlier in the process?

We're considering some changes in our marketing efforts to sell the
remaining 5 homes, and I'm wondering if anyone has found that a change in
the focus or style of marketing is beneficial once the transition from
design/development to construction and completion has been made.

Thanks,
Karen Hoekstra
Newberry Place Cohousing
Grand Rapids, MI