urban cohousing
From: Grace Kim (graceschemataworkshop.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:01:53 -0800 (PST)
Sarah -

While it's true that the communities listed are in one building, none of
them is truly "urban" as what you might be invisioning in NYC -with the
exception of Bo90 in Copenhagen (I also have lots of photos if you need
more images than what you find on the internet).  I think the one
mentioned in Sweden is in a mid-rise building but I recall the setting
being more suburban (apologies if my memory serves me wrong).

I've also been in the search of urban models  here in North America
(there is a high rise in spain that was discussed in a previous string)-
the closest ones I can point you to would be Quayside Village in
Lonsdale, BC (North Vancouver) and Swans Market in Oakland, CA.  But
again, probably not as dense/urban as you might be envisioning.

grace h. kim, aia

principal

schemata workshop

an architectural collaborative