Insurance
From: White, Mary (Mary.Whitemwra.state.ma.us)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:31:29 -0800 (PST)
Our insurer (New London County Mutual Insurance Company in Norwich CT)
is no longer willing to carry us due to "concentration of catastrophe
exposure and cost of reinsurance." Simply stated they own other
properties in the area and if a natural disaster were to hit they would
have too many claims, so wish to diversify. We were in this position in
the past as well. Do other Massachusetts/ New England cohousing
communities have companies you would recommend we approach for a bid?

It would be nice to find an insurer comfortable with cohousing and our
amenities - kid play room, art studio, woodworking shop, snow blower,
common dining room and kitchen, exercise room, elevator, lift, and guest
room.

We are also interested in any advice from people in other communities in
the country as well.

Thank you

Mary L. White

Cornerstone Cohousing