From: mikearnott (
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:05:44 -0800 (PST)
Our insurance company is dropping us due to having too many properties in
the area, and if a major catastrophe were to occur they would have too
many claims. Who do other Massachusetts or New England Cohousing
communities use for your insurance? We have had problems getting a good
selection of companies due to our woodworking shop (under lock and key
with designated users signing a release form.) We also have a kids play
room for about the age 6 and under set. We have an arts and craft room
which is locked. Of course we have a common kitchen and dining room. We
have a snowblower and do our own shoveling and blowing (after a hired
company destroyed a new tree, additional plantings and hit a car). We are
also in the process of setting up an exercise room which will also be
under lock and key with designated users only.

To add to a discussion thead that was going on earlier:
We only allow private venders/ workshop people if they have proof of
insurance, and they must have a resident present at all times. Any large
parties such as a wedding reception we require insurance for the alcohol.

Anyone from any part of the country is welcome to give advise on


Mary White
Cornerstone Cohousing Community
Harvey St.
Cambridge MA  

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.