|Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: katie-henry (katie-henryatt.net)|
|Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:46:06 -0800 (PST)|
> I am working with a builder in Florida who is needing the names of banks who > have successfully funded cohousing projects. The construction financing for Eastern Village Cohousing, in Silver Spring, MD, was provided by BB&T. They also provided mortgages for interested buyers. I believe they do business in Florida. Note that this was a developer-driven project, so it may have looked like a normal condominium project to BB&T. They might not even have been aware of the cohousing aspect. Interesting factoid about BB&T from Wikipedia. I'd say this is a point in their favor: Response to Kelo v. New London On January 25, 2006, BB&T announced that it "will not lend to commercial developers that plan to build condominiums, shopping malls and other private projects on land taken from private citizens by government entities using eminent domain", saying that "basic rights" would be violated. This was a reaction to the United States Supreme Court's decision in Kelo v. New London in 2005 that such takings are permissible.
Banks Who Financed Cohousing Zev Paiss, January 26 2007
Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing Robert Heinich, January 26 2007
- Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing Raines Cohen, January 27 2007
- Banks Who Financed Cohousing Chris ScottHanson, January 29 2007
- Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing katie-henry, January 26 2007
- Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing Robert Heinich, January 26 2007
- Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing Dahako, January 27 2007
- Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing David Heimann, January 27 2007
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.