Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:57:33 -0800 (PST)
Zev,

BB&T provide development financing and mortgages for Eno Commons (Durham, NC). According to the BB&T web site, they also do business in Florida.

Self-Help provided development financing for Pacifica (Carrboro, NC). However, they primarily lend to firms in North Carolina but they make an exception for select businesses, nonprofits and commercial real estate projects located in low-income areas in the southeastern U.S. see http://self-help.org/commerciallending/businesslending.asp for details.

Now the cohousing.org's Community Directory database has a field labeled "Commercial Lender". The tech gurus of cohousing.org should be pull this data for you.

-Robert Heinich
Eno Commons Cohousing
Durham, NC
where the upstairs of Common House was just completed and the guest room had its first overnight visitors.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Zev Paiss" <zpaiss [at] comcast.net>