Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 05:53:55 -0800 (PST)
Hi-

If I remember correctly, BB&T also financed Eno Commons Cohousing in  North
Carolina.

Another interesting thing about BB&T is that they have a special kind  of
checking account for nonprofit clubs and other civic organizations that  does
not
charge any fees.  (To give credit where credit is due -- pun  intended -- I
learned about this type of account from a Young Republican whose  club had such
an account.)They use one of the club members social security  numbers as the
EIN.  Both Eno Commons (on my husbands ID) and Eastern  Village (on mine) set
up membership group accounts during the start-up and  development phase.
These accounts held membership payments, donations, and  dues during the time
before the actual condo association or homeowners  association came into being
as
closing were made.  We set them up so two  signatures were needed for every
check.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
"Where we're reorganizing how we manage our governance and getting our
community work done. Sound familiar?"