Re: Banks Who Financed Cohousing
From: Steve Faber (stevecityvisioninc.org)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:12:11 -0800 (PST)
Bank of Holland is funding Newberry Place in Grand Rapids

We shopped around to about 15 banks, about 10 would agree to meet with us after looking at our performa. 7 larger, national banks that had bought out local banks turned us down or gave us unreasonable terms (25% down, 100% presold). This happened after their local guys said it should be no problem, but as it went up the ladder the terms became worse and worse. Finally, 3 locally owned banks gave us offers that were feasible and they were willing to work with us.

Steve Faber
Newberry Place