|home in urban cohousing neighborhood for sale (Portland, Oregon)||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: jujumail (jujumailmac.com)|
|Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:11:10 -0800 (PST)|
$429000 Large, beautiful 4-br old Portland home in Ongoing Cohousing community
Looking for a buyer who wants to become part of the OnGoing Cohousing community in the vibrant Alberta Arts District in NE Portland.
About the home...- original character remains in this classic old PDX home built in 1907... celebrating its 100th anniversary! - potential to finish attic, basement and studio/apartment over 2- story garage - four bedrooms, one bathroom... 1600 square feet (2400 including basement)
- large foyer with french doors leading to living and dining rooms- four-square construction allows for lots of natural light throughout house
- second floor covered balcony off large upper floor landing - nice neighborhood views from all directions upstairs - fir floors on main floor, part-wool berber on top floor- period touches throughout: high ceilings, plate rail in dining room, lovely original wood banister, and crown molding on windows / doors all original (some still natural and unpainted, some painted with high-quality oil-based paint)
- full one-room pantry off kitchen, original wood cabinetry- wood stove in living room, as well as a retired fireplace in one of the upstairs rooms - full, completely dry basement with door on same level leading to street - high-tech cat-5 internet wiring throughout house, with switch in basement
- one side of full 3-sided porch extends to back/side yards- tinted concrete terraced retaining walls with garden beds on west side of house
- well-established, raised-bed organic garden plot in back yard - large corner lot w/ fruit trees: apple, plum, cherry, fig, Asian pear - rain-collection barrels store rain water for watering garden - solar panels for hot water heater just need reconnection- located in a vibrant arts community, among friendly neighbors... just down the street from the new Sabin Green community designed in cooperation with Mark Lakeman
About the Ongoing Cohousing Community... http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC35/Holland.htmFor more information about the house and/or the community, please contact me at jujumail [at] mac.com.
If you are interested in touring the house or making an offer, I will put you in touch with our realtor. Thanks.
____________ “Out of intense complexities intense simplicities emerge.” ~ Winston Churchill
home in urban cohousing neighborhood for sale (Portland, Oregon) jujumail, January 28 2007
- Re: home in urban cohousing neighborhood for sale (Portland, Oregon) Raines Cohen, January 30 2007
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.