Re: Not selecting members in a group
From: byron patterson (byronpattersongmail.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:38:24 -0800 (PST)
On 1/28/07, Byron Patterson^ byronpatterson [at] gmail.com> wrote:

If we can find a way to reduce the number of hoops, might not we find more
 people stepping up to live in a friendlier-than-random environment?

 Cohousing may be what is needed to cultivate and preserve the heritage of
 many families and groups within communities; but hoops or any other
obstacles
 are created by the dynamics of the community. It would be hopeful that
ones
 random housing selection is a friendly experience.

If we had more people stepping up, might not there be more cohousing slots
 than there are right now? If you mean stepping up in context of wealth or
class,
 probably not, the factors of people chosing cohousing communities as
opposed
 to conventional housing is far to great.