Re: openings before meals
From: Diane (dianeclairegmail.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:00:14 -0800 (PST)
Oh, I might add that on Monday nights which is a pizza-potluck meal, desert
is often a birthday cake to celebrate all the people who had a birthday that
week,  We sing "happy Birthday" and the kids get to help blow out the
candles.   The kids love it....and so do the rest of us.
Diane at Cambridge Cohousing

On 1/31/07, Douglas G. Larson <ddhle [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

>>As we plan our meal program, we are thinking about the importance of
some
kind of opening or >>ritual before our meals. I'm thinking that it should
be
something to set the meal time apart >>from the rest of the day and make
it
special without being too "religious" for our diverse
>>group. Any suggestions?

>>Judy Hecht
>>CoHo Cohousing

Well, here at Songaia, we sing before a meal, but its only on one meal of
our 5 meals per week program, i.e. Mondays. We also usually declare or
announce what the meal is in honor of or in remeberence of. We do this at
Monday dinner also and that job falls to the setup person.

Douglas G. Larson,
Songaia Cohousing
Bothell, Washington

One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar - Helen
Keller