How to seek new residents / members
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 07:49:32 -0800 (PST)
In a Tue, 30 Jan 2007  reply with subject:
Re: home in urban cohousing neighborhood for sale (Portland, Oregon)
Raines Cohen wrote:

> If you want to get the word out, you might want to consider advertising
> in Cohousing magazine's marketplace... it gets a lot more readership
> and web traffic from housing-seekers than this list does:
> http://www.cohousing.org/cohousing-marketplace.aspx

Any evidence for how many people are using the cohousing-marketplace? It
certainly should be more effective but posting about opportunties
cohousing-L may also be useful.  Tho many folks here are already
established, they may know people looking and can help informally spread
word of opportunities.

The cohousing-marketplace has two categories for opportunities for
potential new residents / members:

1) Groups seeking new members
2) Homes/units for sale

After pondering it for a while I presume
1) is for not yet built (or at least not yet moved in) groups.
2) is re-sale of homes im built communities.
Is that correct?  Maybe the headings could be augmented to
clarify this.

Alternatively, it seems the two categories could be combined along with a
column to indicate the stage of development - the tags used in the
Cohousing Communities Directory ( Forming, Seeking Site, Site Optioned,
Own Site, Building, Completed or Retrofitting) could be used.

Fred

Communications for Justice - My new listserv org.       UU, Linux
My Link Page: http://fholson.cohousing.org       Ham radio:WB0YQM
fholson at cohousing.org   612-588-9532   (7am-10pm Central time)