Re: openings before meals
From: Michael Barrett (mbarretttoast.net)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:18:10 -0800 (PST)
I like the idea but I question how it works out where many folks are lined up to serve themselves. Does it mean that the early birds wait and then eat cooled off (cold?) dinner? Stragglers may trickle in to join the line . . . where is the cutoff? At Liberty Village, Maryland, at some point during virtually every meal, someone will gain attention and call out "Let's hear it for the cooks" which always gets a vigorous response. Certainly not Zen-like and clearly very narrowly targeted, but the cooks know they are appreciated.

Michael Barrett
Shadowlake Village
Blacksburg, VA