Re: How to seek new residents / members
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:47:35 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:49 AM, Fred H Olson wrote:

cohousing-L may also be useful.  Tho many folks here are already
established, they may know people looking and can help informally spread
word of opportunities.

When I heard the word "cohousing" and realized it matched a dream I had had for many years, the first thing I did was join this list. I suspect many other people have done the same thing so definitely keep posting the availability of units here.

The people who post information are usually settled, but there are many listeners and watchers on the list who are likely to be looking for something.

Also, many people are not place bound. They may be living in Texas and looking for a place in Michigan or anywhere on one of the coasts. This is one form of diversity as well -- it brings people into the community who have not been living in the area for years.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC