Re: openings before meals
From: Eris Weaver (eriswsonic.net)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:20:45 -0800 (PST)
Michael Barrett said:

> I like the idea but I question how it works out where many
> folks are lined
> up to serve themselves. Does it mean that the early birds
> wait and then eat
> cooled off (cold?) dinner?

Ah. In our community we DON'T serve buffet or cafeteria line style, we
serve family-style with serving dishes on each table. So everybody comes
in and sits down, may start to chat or serve kids' plates but when the
bell rings everybody is quiet and the announcements, blessing etc.
happen.

Everyone here is SO trained to be quiet and look at the front of the
room when that bell is rung...

eris
FrogSong