Re: Dangers of Fluorescent lighting (was New Bulbs)
From: Saramandaia Farm (etaincryahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:18:25 -0800 (PST)
I found the linked article at www.daylighting.com, a commercial/industrial site
that exists to see lighting systems.  The various effects attributed to
fluorescent lighting were not documented in either the article or in Nathan's
email.  I went looking for original articles with attribution, and couldn't
find them, either...there was a very simple loop...Nathan linked the site...the
site claimed effects...clicking on the link for articles documenting these
effects led back to the original commercial site.  I found no mention of
peer-reviewed journal articles reporting evidence of these problems.  Most of
the effects were qualified with "can" or "may", without reference to studies.
Maybe www.quackwatch.com will yield some information.

The Natural Lighting Company and the Bilbrey Brothers (president, and
vice-president of marketing and sales), claim 21 years and 15 years of
daylighting experience respectively.  I personally have 61 years of experience
with daylight, but I'm not selling anything.  My requirements for accepting
something as even a contributing cause of a medical condition are more exacting
than anything stated by Nathan or by the Bilbrey Brothers.  The disposal of
used fluorescent lights is another subject, and was not the point of the post
by Nathan, as I read it.

Sharon