Re: Dangers of Fluorescent lighting (was New Bulbs)
From: nathan schomber (wanderlustbusyahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:11:04 -0800 (PST)
Hi Sharon,

  Actually, I didn't state anything, other than I came across some disturbing
information relevant to the conversation thread and wanted to pass it along for
others to further research if they choose.

  Maybe you didn't catch the link at the bottom of my post. It is to an
extensively documented article with further links and many references:

  >"For an very well written, extensive article with many references see:
  >http://www.creative-minds.info/Lorelei/Light.htm";

  You might want to check that out if your actually interested in researching
the health effects of various forms of artificial lighting.

  Peace to You- Nathan
  "unnamed group"
  Asheville, NC

Saramandaia Farm <etaincr [at] yahoo.com> wrote:
  I found the linked article at www.daylighting.com, a commercial/industrial
site that exists to see lighting systems. The various effects attributed to
fluorescent lighting were not documented in either the article or in Nathan's
email. I went looking for original articles with attribution, and couldn't find
them, either...there was a very simple loop...Nathan linked the site...the site
claimed effects...clicking on the link for articles documenting these effects
led back to the original commercial site. I found no mention of peer-reviewed
journal articles reporting evidence of these problems. Most of the effects were
qualified with "can" or "may", without reference to studies. Maybe
www.quackwatch.com will yield some information.

The Natural Lighting Company and the Bilbrey Brothers (president, and
vice-president of marketing and sales), claim 21 years and 15 years of
daylighting experience respectively. I personally have 61 years of experience
with daylight, but I'm not selling anything. My requirements for accepting
something as even a contributing cause of a medical condition are more exacting
than anything stated by Nathan or by the Bilbrey Brothers. The disposal of used
fluorescent lights is another subject, and was not the point of the post by
Nathan, as I read it.