Re: Lightbulbs and process
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:24:40 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 3, 2007, at 9:35 PM, Cora Roelofs wrote:

What I really, really want to know, as a prospective cohouser, is:
How many lightbulbs does it take to change a cohouser?
Wait, that's not what I mean, I mean how many cohousers does it take
to change a lightbulb?

There is a thread on this in the archives -- the two best responses from 2002 are below. The second one is from Steve Boylan. I think the first one may have been mine.

(1)  How many cohousers does it take to change a light bulb?

Who knows, we haven't consensed on that yet. Only half our light bulbs are burned out!

(2) Leads to the obvious question: WHY are all those light bulbs burned out?
Too many meetings?  Too much process?  Too little process?  Have
these light bulbs been guilty of self-development? Or are they frustrated
by a development process that gives them too little control?

Perhaps if we took the time to relax with our light bulbs, take the time
to make them truly part of a community, far fewer would burn out...

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC