Re: Conflict Resolution and Mediation Policies
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:23:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi Jean,

Here is ours...

http://www.mosaic-commons.org/node/64

        - catya
                            ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett    ____\  /     Cohousing in MA?
catya [at] cohousing.org     \  / \/   www.mosaic-commons.org
www.catya.org            \/          Ready Fall 2008!

Jean Weiss wrote:
Greetings, All:
Pleasant Hill Cohousing "Connection and Conflict Resolution Team" here. Seeking copies of documents that outline clear and effective steps/procedures/policies for managing conflict within your community. We are just beginning to create well-defined protocols for how folks in conflict proceed. We would like to address not only 1:1 interpersonal conflicts but also set up systems for larger bodies in dispute: an individual vs. a committee, committee vs. committee, committee vs. HOA, etc. We're currently involved in broad-based NVC training at Pleasant Hill CoHo and already have a solid written document offering tips and suggestions for how to handle 1:1 conflict intra- and inter-personally. It focuses on working with emotions and communications skills. What we're lacking are systems and policies.
Of particular interest to us are policies regarding the engagement of professional
mediation services.  What steps do folks have to go through to get to the step of
professional mediation?  Are folks who find themselves in an ongoing conflict
"required" to go through mediation?  Who pays for it?  How is that determined?
If committees themselves are in conflict, who arbitrates? When and how do such matters come to HOA? We are lucky not to be facing such sweeping or dire situations right now, but wish to have systems in place that will guide us if and when we ever have to face them. Thanks for any and all offerings. My email is jbeanweiss [at] juno.com.
With gratitude and blessings,
Jean Weiss,
CCRT Chair _________________________________________________________________ Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at: http://www.cohousing.org/cohousing-L/