Defining Developer Driven
From: earth1 (earth1dfwnetmall.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 04:11:03 -0800 (PST)
Patti:

Please don't send the details of Ecodevelopment's LLC developer-driven model offline. Or if you do, please send them to me, too. I think the developer-driven model, if done correctly and with input from the cohousing residents, has the best chance of success with the most number of people. Most of the people I have discussed this with (I am in Texas doing research) do not want to come to years of meetings. I think they will participate in the community after cohousing is built because that is what they want to do, not because of years of meetings. If they did not want to participate in community or get that community elsewhere as in a church, there are LOTS of suburban developments in Texas for home purchases. And there is no cohousing in Texas because every one that I have heard about in this area failed--even after years of meetings.

I would like to hear from anyone who has information about developer-driven communities.
Thanks,
Terry