Re: Conflict Resolution and Mediation Policies (Jean Weiss)
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 05:48:28 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:35 AM, Leah wrote:

One member thinks it sounds too authoritarian to call it compliance but we plan to use this for significant conflicts of interest between the group and an individual and think that it needs a name that indicates the severity of the situation when we have to pull this out.

What about "non-observant"? "Non-compliance" does infer that the person is willfully not complying so it starts the conversation as a judgment.

"Non-observant" allows the interpretation, and recognizes the fact that people often just don't notice.

I find it amazing how wide the interpretations are of what is a rule and what is not. Oh, I thought that rule was just for the health inspector. Or, no one has mentioned it recently so I thought it wasn't a rule any more. Or, but my dog is different.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC