Re: so is it cohousing? Richdale Place in Cambridge, MA
From: Dirk Herr-Hoyman (hoymanddanenet.org)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 06:30:48 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 8, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Tree Bressen wrote:

Like some others who have written in on this thread, i'm excited about
finding ways to create a whole lot more community living in this
country. While there is a natural temptation among those familiar with the concept to pass judgment on what we think is or isn't "cohousing," i think i'd rather put my energy into supporting groups to cultivate more sense of community and connection, *wherever* they are on the spectrum of more or less communal, than worry about who doesn't fit my image or the official
guidelines.  I think we are learning that the terms and categories of
"community living/cohousing" and "developer-driven" are both more suited to a spectrum model than a box for yes or no. Which doesn't mean there isn't a place for being careful about how the term cohousing gets thrown around
(i can imagine a day when the word "cohousing" gets co-opted in a
"greenwashy" kind of way--something to look forward to, perhaps?). . .
.  Just my $.02.