Re: sample document library: laying the groundwork
From: Eris Weaver (eriswsonic.net)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:29:30 -0800 (PST)
Andrew Netherton wrote:
> Knowing this may absolutely bury me in e-mail for a good
> couple of months, I would like to step forward and volunteer
> to compile such a library....

Thanks for stepping forward!

> Lastly, once it's all compiled, is there anyone out there
> that would be willing to make this sample library available online?

Personally I would love to see this on the Cohousing USA Website rather
than on somebody's personal host. (Of course, I can't speak for the
office/web folks there as to the appropriateness/do-ability of this...)

Ann Zabaldo wrote:
> there was a suggestion of using a a Wikipedia for
> this....Is a
> Wikipedia an option for this kind of information?

Just to clarify geek terms...wiki is the general term for this type of
do-it-yourself, multiple-creator, collaborative website. The online
encyclopedia Wikipedia is a specific INSTANCE of a wiki. (Kinda like
Kleenex is a specific *brand* of tissue...) So, while folks COULD add
this stuff to Wikipedia...it would be most useful in a
cohousing-specific wiki, hosted by CohoUSA or elsewhere.

At FrogSong, we have a wiki for our policies etc. but it is
password-protected so as to only be available to our residents. It isn't
used by but a few of us geeks, though.

Eris Weaver, Facilitation & Group Process Consultant
http://www.erisweaver.info

FrogSong, a cohousing community in Cotati, CA
http://www.cotaticohousing.org