Re: Seeking advice re mentally ill community member
From: Ellen Keyne Seebacher (ellepobox.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 07:42:56 -0700 (PDT)
I have schizophrenia in my own family (including a violently paranoid
cousin), and I've lived with a paranoid roommate who had to be carted
off by police after she pulled a knife on another housemate.

So I'm astounded that this is even an issue; what you describe, with
the medication noncompliance, substance abuse, and self-mutilation,
sounds like a tragedy waiting to happen.  Note that schizophrenics,
when they become violent, *most often target family members and
friends* -- meaning, in this case, your community.  Here's an article
summarizing some cases of family-directed violence, which your
community should read and think about:

  http://www.schizophrenia.com/New/Dec2002/violenceDec02.htm

This woman needs help, and that help may involve commitment to a
mental facility and/or police escorting her off your property.  It
does not, as far as I can tell, involve tolerating her invading your
homes, stealing, screaming, having sex on your property, and leaving
blood in your sinks. :(

        Ellen Seebacher