House resale in cohousing
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:46:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,
I'm writing from Sonora Cohousing, Tucson.

Someone in our community is about to sell their house, asking for what
seems like an exorbitant amount of money.
Many of us worry about the fact that as resale prices climb through the roof,
our community is becoming less and less affordable.

I wonder whether this has been an issue in other communities, and whether there are ideas out there on how to curb the ever existing desire to maximize profits on the part of people who leave. (I think that part of the sub-text in all of this is that as there is an insistence that cohousing is "non-ideological", the default situation is that capitalism reigns. -- But perhaps I'm just opening
a can of worms by mentioning this? :))

Awaiting enlightenment,
Racheli.