Re: Any advice for dealing with someone angry about being
From: tamgoddess (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 16:44:56 -0700 (PDT)
Congratulations! Sounds like you guys really made the right decision on this
person. S/he's a sociopath. They probably would have destroyed the group if
you'd let him/her.

Now you need to be ruthlessly efficient about not giving any sort of reaction
to this person whatsoever. Keep scrupulous records of everything they say and
do, and get a restraining order if necessary.  This person thrives on drama and
tries to control people by sympathy, and if that doesn't work, threats. They
won't be helped by any well-intentioned interventions on your parts. The most
compassionate thing to do is to have as little contact with this person as
humanly possible, and again, no reactions. Any sign of emotion or reaction on
your parts is like heroin to a person like this.

Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing
Sacramento, CA