Sustainable and green housing in cohousing communities
From: Carol Gulyas (stewartgulyasgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:14:51 -0700 (PDT)
My husband and I are going to a meeting this Sunday to explore cohousing as
an option.  We are
looking at many options, as we have recently become "empty nesters" (a silly
term were it not so very apt!) and are passionately interesting in
furthering the use of alternative energy.
My question is:  is there a trend toward combining energy efficient
building, energy conservation, and other "green
building" techniques among cohousing communities?

I have started a weblog called GreenGeezer at www.greengeezer.com to help
others "our age" to explore green homes
as an option for this stage of life.  Your comments are very appreciated.  I
have included the American Cohousing
Association as a link, because I have always thought it a good way to live,
and have enjoyed the thoughtfulness of
the comments posted on this list.