Seattle group seeks property for co-housing
From: Jordan Schwartz (cohohive-mind.com)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 22:07:04 -0700 (PDT)
We've got the people, we've got the financing, we've got the agreements, we've
got the will...we're missing the right property. :(

Trying to spread the word far and wide in hopes that perhaps someone has a
property that would work for us that they wouldn't have thought to sell (or
maybe catch them before they "fix it up" to sell and make it unusable for our
purposes).

A group of us have been looking to buy an apartment building or large
multi-family house to set up a co-housing home,. If you don't have what we're
looking for but know someone who might, please forward this to them. I put up a
web page that explains our quest in more detail at
http://www.hive-mind.com/coho/. Please forward!

Do you have a roughly 6,000+ sqft large house, multiplex or apartment building
in Seattle you would consider selling? Group of eight+ looking for a home.
We're pre-financed.

We are a close group of friends who have worked together, traveled together,
camped together, painted together, built together and lived together, and now
we're ready to settle down together. There's one child in our group so far, and
many aunts and uncles. Our family wants a place to call home. Will you sell it
to us?

I know what you're thinking. You're asking for too much, it will never happen.
And maybe you're right. But my mother taught me that you're much more likely to
get what you want if you ask. So let me tell you exactly what we're looking
for.

- In Seattle, ideally in the Capitol Hill, Central District, North Beacon,
Wallingford, Ravenna, University District neighborhoods.
- 6,000+ square feet (or expandable to that size). We want common space,
private space, work space, art space, storage space.
- Ideally, subdividable into 5 or more separate units, but with a large common
space. We're ready to do some remodeling.
- A yard for a vegetable garden and for kids to go dig up worms and build tree
houses and pick dandelions.

It's a lot to ask for, I know. If you have something that sort of resembles
what we want, go ahead and contact us at coho [at] hive-mind.com! Maybe we can
make it work.

Thanks!

Jordan