who is doing sociocracy?
From: jkgonzalez (jerrycommunicatingwithcompassion.org)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:13:07 -0700 (PDT)
I have heard of two communities or communities in development practicing
sociocracy: Champlain Valley Cohousing
<http://www.champlainvalleycohousing.org/>  (Charlotte, Vermont) and
Ecovillage of Loudoun County <http://www.ecovillages.com/> , Virginia and
Old in NY

Can anyone tell me if there are others?

I am presenting sociocracy as a cohousing organizational structure and
decision making process to an ad hoc governance committee meeting tonight at
Pioneer Valley Cohousing. I have been learning and teaching sociocracy for a
couple of years. A number of us at PVCC are not happy with our current
governance structure (consensus by those in attendance at General Meeting).
For me primarily because of its conservative nature (it is very difficult to
make changes).

If anyone is interested in dialogue about sociocracy and community come join
our yahoo group at buildingcommunityinfo [at] yahoogroups.com. You can subscribe
by sending an email to buildingcommunityinfo-subscribe [at] yahoogroups.com

Jerry Koch-Gonzalez

413-549-1747

email: jerry [at] communicatingwithcompassion.org

website: communicatingwithcompassion.org

* Training & Consulting Services: organizational development, leadership
coaching, communication skills, sociocracy

* Communicating with Compassion: workshops based on the work of Marshall
Rosenberg and cnvc.org

* Counseling/Coaching: Individuals, Couples