Re: Forming a Montessori cohousing community?
From: suzanne hirsch (ecohouse2001yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 04:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, I would love to be part of what you're describing. I'm a strong believer
in the Montessori method.  I'm currently working with adolescents and adults as
a psychologist in the Bronx. But I've always loved working with children, and
I've read a lot about Montessori. It's interesting how she too developed her
method within the context of cooperative housing that she created.....
  But alas, I live in NYC where it has been so hard to get a cohousing movement
off the ground, or on it, shall i say.  But there are groups and movements
here....  Anyway, just thought I'd reply and express that I think the idea of
combining the two projects is great.
  Suzanne

Kristina Horacek <krickett6 [at] excite.com> wrote:
  Hi Everyone!     I have dreamt of raising my family in a collaborative
community for years, but I didn't have a name for it until I heard of
cohousing!  I am a Montessori teacher and hope to someday open and run a Pre-K
through grade 12 Montessori and Orff school. I would like to find other people
who want to found a large cohousing community that would be both sustainable
and center around a school for its resident children. I am particularly hoping
to team up with families who would like to get the school's first preschool
(3-ys. old) class up and running by 2013. The location would be decided based
on where there is the most interest in the project.  Hope this is an
appropriate medium for posting my idea. If anyone recieving this has other
ideas for how I can get this out there let me know!Best Wishes To All,Kristina
in Boston