1 month house rental in Ecovillage-Ithaca
From: Rachael Shapiro (rachaelecovillage.ithaca.ny.us)
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 17:40:45 -0700 (PDT)
please send any responses or inquiries to email or phone # below. Thanks!

House for Rent in Ecovillage at Ithaca (Ithaca, NY)

We are making available our 1600 sq ft, 3 bedroom house in the Ecovillage at Ithaca from Thursday July 5 to Thursday August 2, a beautiful time of year with much to do in Ithaca and the Finger Lakes Region.

Are you interested in alternative energy and sustainable technology? This house has it all: solar photovoltaics, solar hot water heating system, drain heat recovery system, modern composting toilet system (no odors), attic fan ventilation, solar cooker, and rainwater recovery system. Set in a traffic-free intentional community with play areas for children, vegetable garden, 1 acre swimming pond, beautiful vistas to the south and east, common house for community events, hiking on trails on 175 acre surrounding land, and weekly share in Community Supported Agriculture farm.

House has complete kitchen with oven and microwave, washing machine and solar drying, and high-speed internet access.

We are located a mile and a half from downtown Ithaca, within walking or biking distance of public transportation.

Ecovillage at Ithaca is an intentional community with a rich social life and environmental principles for reducing our ecological impact. Vacationers are expected to abide by these principles during their stay. The homeowners will arrange for an orientation tour shortly after arrival to familiarize you with how the community works.

No smoking, please. For those with pet allergens, please be aware that we have a cat, who will live elsewhere during our time away, but the house is not recommended if you are allergic.

Pets: you are welcome to bring dogs or cats, but cats must be kept indoors to protect bird life on the land.

Rent: $1800 for the full 4 weeks. Price is prorated based on the number of days that you actually stay. We are willing to be flexible with members of other cohousing and intentional communities, including in-kind payments or reduced rent.

If interested, please call Francis at 607-272-6336; leave a message if you do not reach me in person. You may also email me at francis [at] ecovillage.ithaca.ny.us. Thanks!