non-profit status
From: Lynette Bassman (lbassmanalliant.edu)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:09:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi.

Has anybody had any experience with a cohousing group qualifying for
non-profit status?  We are a group in formation (starting construction
next month, with openings for more members) and have had to pass up
several opportunities for substantially lower rates for ads on radio and
in print that are available to non-profits.  Also, we have been unable
to qualify for public service announcements on TV and radio when we have
had special events.  It's probably wishful thinking, but I'd just like
to know if there is any precedent out there.

Thanks.

Lynette Bassman

La Querencia/Fresno Cohousing