Re: non-profit status
From: Becky Weaver (beckyweaverswbell.net)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:26:17 -0700 (PDT)
We set up a separate, non-profit "cohousing education"
organization. This nonprofit is dedicated to providing
information and education on cohousing and group
process/conflict resolution type skills. It has booths
at sustainable-living fairs, puts on workshops, etc.

This is a completely separate legal entity from the
limited-liability corporation that is our "cohousing
group," which will ultimately dissolve and be replaced
by our homeowner's association. The non-profit is in a
position to help other cohousing communities in a
similar manner.

Becky Weaver
Kaleidoscope Village
Austin, Texas