Re: non profit status
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
Just another data-bit: there are nonprofits that are not 501c3s. Maybe they have different rules. At RoseWind, way back 18 years ago at the beginning someone decided that instead of being a co-op, or condo, or LLC, etc we were incorporated as a Washington State "miscellaneous mutual benefit non profit" corporation. So it's not like a 501c3 that can take donations, for example. But it is still called a non profit.
Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
where everything is in flower and very green, and we have a
handsome 2 storey straw bale house for sale
www.rosewind.org   for photos and details