Surface water SUDS
From: David (davidic.org)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:15:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Rob,
We at Springhill Cohousing, Stroud, England, have a system called SUDS
(sustainable Urban Drainage Scheme) to deal with our surface water. It has
many underground storage tanks, water falls, rills and porous parking area
with oil and debris filtration. This has the effect to slow down the run off
and mimic a green field site and avoid flooding and the need for over-sized
municipal drains.
Our water eventually arrives in a stream which is then re-cycled by the
water authority.
I can send you photos directly to your email. I am happy to take some more
photos in the next few days showing more of the system.

David Michael
Springhill Cohousing
Www.springhillcohousing.com
(35 houses and flats 1st residents moved in 2003)

On 15/6/07 03:04, "cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org"