Re: Participation Agreement / Tracking work hours
From: Kay Wilson (kwwilsonbartcommunity.org)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:09:04 -0700 (PDT)
We have considered such a fee, but then the problem/challenge
becomes: how do we track people's time without generating an
accounting nightmare?

I have read some prior discussion on this issue, and it sounded
like the group that had the best system used a computer program
written by one of the residents.

Has anyone else come up with a simple time-tracking system that
works? (A time-clock is simple, but is not an attractive option
:)

(My own feeling is that time tracking would just create issues of
equity: If it takes one person 1 hour to weed a planting bed, but
takes someone else 2-3 hours to weed the same bed, does the fast
person get credit for 1 hour and the slow person get credit for 3
hours? And does 2 hours writing minutes equal 2 hours of weeding?
And so on...)

Kay Wilson
Bartimaeus Cohousing