Two-bedroom townhome for sale at Pleasant Hill Cohousing, California
From: Deborah Mensch (deborahmenschgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
We are moving to cohousing in Colorado, and so our beautiful 2-bedroom,
1.5-bath townhome in Pleasant Hill Cohousing (Pleasant Hill, California) is
now for sale. This 1107-sq-ft unit has a semi-private, brick-patio backyard
shaded by a giant oak tree, and a front porch overlooking our community
pedestrian path. Other features include:

  - Open floor plan downstairs with durable, maple-finish laminate flooring
  - Kitchen with maple cabinets and quiet, efficient appliances
  - Two large bedrooms upstairs with 100% wool berber carpet and deep
closets
  - One and one-half bathrooms with natural Marmoleum flooring
  - Convenient upstairs laundry closet with efficient, front-loading washer
and dryer
  - Spacious storage closets upstairs and under stairs
  - Super-energy-efficient design with low-e windows, high insulation
values, passive solar design, whole-house fan, and quiet, efficient hydronic
heating for year-round comfort with minimal energy use
  - Asking price: $450,000

Built in 2001, Pleasant Hill Cohousing includes 32 households of diverse
ages and compositions. Residents range in age from one year old into the
seventies. There are great indoor and outdoor spaces for socializing and
play for all ages, and play we do! Some amenities include swimming pool, hot
tub, organic garden, woodworking and pottery workshop, bike sheds, and a
great kids' room with loft and slide. More details are on our web site,
listed below.

Pleasant Hill Cohousing is located at the end of a quiet street in Pleasant
Hill, in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. The regional
rapid-transit system, BART, is 1.2 miles away down a flat, paved
pedestrian/bike trail, and travels to San Francisco in 38 minutes or
Berkeley in 20 minutes. Shopping, restaurants, two public parks, and a movie
theater are a short walk away, and there's easy access to the freeway for
car trips. The Mount Diablo school district offers several attractive
options for families. Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities are
nearby at various regional and state parks, and Yosemite National Park, Muir
Woods, Big Sur, Napa/Sonoma wine country, and skiing are all within half a
day's drive. San Francisco, Berkeley, and other neighboring cities offer
great theatre, music, museums, and more.

Please see our web site at http://phch.org/2230 for more details and photos,
or contact Deborah Mensch at deborah-2230 [at] bitgems.com or 925-451-7932.