How to condoize
From: Rachel Wangen-Hoch (wangen-hochmsn.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:16:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi again,
I posted a few weeks ago about an adjacent property for sale next to the land where we will be developing our cohousing. There are a couple of families seriously considering purchasing this property in order to provide a few affordable options for folks who want to be a part of the community.

The property has 3 homes on it on two lots which would not easily be divided due to an alley right of way that exists on one of the lots. We are talking about purchasing the property and condoizing it, but I don't have the first clue as to how that would work. Our plan is that those living on that property would be affiliate members of the community.

Can you help me?

1. Would we purchase it as tenants in common and then condoize it down the road?
or
2.  Can we convert it to condos at the same time that we purchase it?

3.  How do we do all this anyhow?

4.  Can you point me to any books or online resources on how to do this?

Thanks!
Rachel

Like puzzles? Play free games & earn great prizes. Play Clink now. http://club.live.com/clink.aspx?icid=clink_hotmailtextlink2