Re: SPAM filter on Community's EMail Address?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:06:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 28, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Robert Heinich wrote:

Our host service has BoxTrapper. BoxTrapper protects your inbox from spam by forcing all people not on your white list to reply to a verification email before they can send mail to you.

I personally find these very off-putting and somehow do not want to respond because I feel like big brother is watching.

My ISP uses Spam Guard and it is very effective.

Even more effective is Intego's firewall. My spam dropped from 200 messages a day to less than 6 or so. SpamGuard marks them [spam] and they are diverted to my junk folder. That folder shows me a number of unread messages so I know how many there are. Apparently the Firewall stops people from knowing I'm here.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
http://www.sociocracy.info