Re: [C-L] Small houses - pre-built or build-yourself
From: Ruthpoet (Ruthpoetaol.com)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:29:24 -0700 (PDT)
Stuart - thanks so much for the tip about First Day Cottages. I wasn't
familiar with them. Anyone else who isn't can check them out at
_www.firstdaycottage.com_ (http://www.firstdaycottage.com) .  They  are "high
quality, all-wood
house kits" sold inexpensively.

For an option which is even cheaper, and is pre-built, but much smaller,
folks might want to check out _www.tumbleweedhouses.com_
(http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com) .  These  are incredibly ingenious,
beautifully designed entire "hous
es" that come  pre-built and range in size from 100 to 500 square feet.Last I
checked they cost  from $30K to $50K, but included bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
They are based  in California so the delivery charge to the east coast would
add a bit - I think  it's $1 per mile. But for those on the west coast,
delivery would be  cheap!