Re: 50+ and affordable
From: Brian Bartholomew (bbstat.ufl.edu)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:12:13 -0700 (PDT)
Marganne <marganne [at] macnexus.org> writes:

> I waver on the importance of environmentally friendliness. I *do*
> want to walk gently on this earth and encourage others to do the
> same. But I've seen projects where 'going green' substantially
> boosted building expenses beyond what I can afford.

Price in money, even with all its problems, is the best measure we
have for environmental impact.  Those newfangled green materials cost
more resources to make.  Spending $100K in green tech to save $40K in
utility bill is not a net improvement.  Not for your pocketbook, not
for the environment.  Walking gently means walking *cheap*.

                                                        Brian