Re: How to develop a group for 50+ without family, plus affordability
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all --

I'm very interested in this discussion both as a professional developing cohousing for adults 50+ years and older and as a cohousing resident.

My company, Cohousing Collaborative, is close to nailing down a site in the Washington, DC area which we will develop as "Senior" cohousing. We are targeting and attracting adults starting around 50 yrs old (which appears to be the same age as AARP starts sending membership notices!)

However ... there's nothing magic about the age "50."

Why not cohousing for adults of all ages?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Principal, The Cohousing Collaborative
McLean, VA