Re: [C-L] How to develop a group for 50+ without family
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:23:46 -0700 (PDT)
Brian,

Brian Bartholomew wrote:
Stuart Joseph <stuart [at] caercoburn.org> writes:

| -----

The costs of a weathertight box to live in that contains a shower,
stove, sink, and bed are negligible.  For instance, I hear FEMA
trailers are being auctioned for $700.

| Where did you hear that?

One of our coho-interest group is a fisheries biologist who has been
out in the Gulf tagging and counting fish.  A couple weeks ago he said
somebody in the Katrina area has been auctioning off trailers on a
u-tow-it basis.  He's hard to reach, so you'd probably find contact
info on your own faster than I could get it from him.

                                                        Brian
If anyone is interested, here is where to look: http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucindx/

If you want to bid, you need to register, but you can browse to your hearts content.

BTW, there is a lot of other stuff you can get at auction from work boats to limousines, check out the other categories. Great way to recycle and get stuff cheap, and you didn't need to send away for an expensive book that will tell you "All About Government Auctions!" <grin>

--
Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Project Director